One-Stop Packaging Solution Supplier Since 2002


new safety advice after battery death of girl, 3

by:SWIFT     2020-03-08
After the death of a three person, a new guide to making small batteries safer was released, including through packaging and housingyear-
I accidentally ate an old man.
A report suggesting a new guide highlights the following risks
Five button-down batteries and a larger lithium coin battery.
Button batteries are often found in hearing aids, small toys, laser indicators, and calculators, while coin batteries can be used for remote controls, car keys, and bicycle lights.
They can stay in the esophagus (food pipe)
In just two hours, a chemical reaction erodes the tissue.
The report recommends that ministers work to improve the safety of button batteries and coin batteries, including the development of government standards covering their design, product housing, packaging and safe retail practices.
The new proposal also applies to emergency medical workers and manufacturers.
Caregivers and other health professionals should be supported and instructed to find signs of Battery swallowing.
If a child is considered to have ingested one, they should be taken to a & E immediately.
The suggestion is in three. year-old-
The girl accidentally took 23mm of the battery in December 2017.
Lithium batteries have eroded the organization and caused fistula (
Connection exception)
Catastrophic bleeding between the esophagus and the aorta (bleeding).
The security agency warned that children would put things in their mouths and the risk would be higher.
One should pay special attention to button batteries with a diameter of 20mm or more, as they are more likely to be stuck in the throat. The three-year-
Old, suffering from stomach and chest pain after vomiting, was first diagnosed with tonsillitis and given antibiotics.
Then, after a further visit to the GP and the local hospital, she was given more of these drugs.
But three days later, after calling 999 for the second time, the child died after being taken to hospital by ambulance.
Keith Conradi, chief investigator at HSIB, said: \"We are not just putting responsibility on public safety awareness, but also looking at what can be done before the product reaches the home, and what clinical staff need to know to make the right diagnosis.
\"As we can see in the reference case, the consequences of the child swallowing the button/coin battery can be devastating.
\"We work closely with national organizations to ensure that our safety advice helps prevent this from happening to other families.
Frank Imbescheid, chairman of the portable batteries Association of Britain and Ireland, welcomed the report.
He said: \"These batteries are increasingly used in many household necessities, making daily life more convenient.
\"However, since they are stronger than others, it is important for consumers to have the right information and advice to keep their children safe.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...